Yahoo! Pool Courtesy Rules
As you may know there are tons of rules in our life's, some of them you have to obey and some it is up to you. I explained you 8 and 9 ball rules which you have to obey but there are also some rules you must know and yet again it is up to you to apply or not. If you are not a real pool player you won't know this rules they called Courtesy rules.
- Yahoo! gives you ball in hand if you pot a stripe and a solid on break ( which is not a real pool rule ) and using this ball in hand is not polite, fair or professional.
- You know there are glitches in Yahoo! Pool and for example your opponent making his last shot on 8 ball and s/he will win on you than a Yahoo! glitch occurs and he even can't see the 8 ball ( or object ball) and you had a ball in hand!. You'll say glitches happens to me also but it is not your or your opponents mistake you know that right ? so if that glitch wasn't occurred s/he would win the game and you would lost that game. Be a gentle learn to take a loss it is not end of the world losing 10-15 points and give your opponents turn back instead of using that non fair ball in hand. See the example screen shot (belongs to year 2001) i did gave his shot back and he won the game see how he respond after the game, this is better than 10-20 points for me
You got the point right ? sometimes it is good to put yourself in your opponent shoes :). This is very sportsmanship behavior especially if you are a league player. I myself do that even in tourney finals if my opponent is a fair person, player.
- When you sit to a table saying a hello good luck won't hurt you ? and say a good game even if you lost that game but! after the 8 ball potted not before!
- Say a sorry if you make a shot by luck.
- Winning by force forfeit when your opponent booted
- Be sportsmanship
- Be polite, gentle
- Be fair
- Points are not everything even if you play for rating.
You must also know that booting peoples from your tables is not polite instead tell them why you don't want to play them or go create a new table.
Now you have learnt the non written rules and as i said above it is all up to you to obey or not.